Friday, January 18, 2008

Hello from Texas

We finally made it to Texas and wanted everyone to know what is going on. We finally left Fort Myers on Wednesday with only the stuff on our back and everything else in the van. And I mean everything. The van was absolutely packed to the gills. Any of you who know me know that I can't stand not being organized. Our family word has been flexible. Again, those of you who know me know that David does not do flexible well. Not only does God have a great sense of humor He is in the miracle business. He has definitely performed one on me. Just ask Tracy.

We left my parents house on Thursday morning at 4 a.m. and drove all day until we arrived in Lake Charles, La. I found a Holiday Inn Express and the first question wasn't how much are the rooms, it was do you have any rooms available? Again, those of you who know me know that usually it's all about the money. Not last night. The children and Tracy and I were hungry and tired. The children did so well. Tracy and I were very proud of them. Of course, we went to Outback to overcome the hunger and let's just say we were not impressed. Outback is normally very good, but not so much in Lake Charles. We slept well and this morning I felt like I could conquer the world. Instead we drove to San Antonio. Another five and a half hours in the car. The kids did well again and they were very excited to see their cousins and aunts and uncles. I had a surprise of my own. My Dad surprised me by flying to San Antonio to see us before we left for Virginia. He flew into San Antonio last night and we arrived in San Antonio today. Now that is cool. He apparently told the children before we left yesterday that he had a surprise for them. Of course, no one said anything about it to me and I was shocked. I don't know if I can still believe it. I am not usually able to be surprised so I was very impressed. My Dad's birthday is on Monday and I was wondering how I could it make it special from San Antonio. Well I guess I can figure it out before he leaves on Monday. I hope those of you in Florida are enjoying the weather. The weather in San Antonio is in the upper thirties at night and upper forties to fifties during the day. Needless to say it is COLD. We have the clothing for it but I did not expect to have to use it until we arrived in Richmond, Virginia. Speaking of Richmond there may be snow tomorrow. I hope for the children there is snow there in February (well maybe for me also).

We are planning to go to McAllen on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday next week. For those of you who do not know, I was raised in McAllen, Texas. If you do not know where McAllen is, please take a moment and find it on a map. All you have to do is find San Antonio and move south, way south. I lived there from four to eighteen. This is the best opportunity for me to show the children where Daddy lived, went to school and the church that I grew up in. I probably will not be able to do this again for a very long time, if ever. South Africa is a long way from McAllen, Texas.

Please continue to pray for travelling mercies and the sale of our home. Also, I am taking a World Missions course through Liberty University and would appreciate prayer for time management. We don't know what is in store for us at Orientation and I need to finish the course by March 16th. I have two papers, several tests and a lot of reading.

The Lord has blessed us immensely and we are waiting for His timing on the sale of our home. He has not been late before and don't expect Him to be late in this situation. We appreciate each and every one of you and feel honored that you would include us in your prayer time. If any of you would like to e-mail please do so at david_delac@yahoo.com. Don't forget that "Anything is possible with God."

We love you and appreciate ya'll!

David

2 comments:

Rebecca Ann said...

Praying for you all. . . We missed your sweet girls at church on Sunday, but know this is what God has for you. :)
Rebecca Ann

The Cooke Family said...

Hey Guys!

LOVE to here the updates. We are so proud of you. It is so awesome to watch your journey with the Lord as He challenges you, stretches your faith, and in turn be able to be a more effective witness for Christ. eh is so good and faithful. We will be praying for your house to sell. We can't wait to see God do His thing in this area. It will be a blessing to us as we will need the same miracle. Watching Him work in the lives of others is such an encouragement to us.

Many, Many Blessings!!!!!